Myotherapist at Geelong Myotherapy will typically use remedial massage as part of your soft tissue treatment.
Remedial Massage, like Myotherapy is the application of a combination of massage techniques rather than just a technique on it’s own. The aim of remedial massage is to release tight muscles and Trigger Points by using a lot of Deep Tissue Massage . Oil is placed on the skin and the Myotherapist will glide through the muscle tissue, focusing on areas of tight and restricted muscle and fascia.
What are the benefits of Remedial Massage?
The benefits of Remedial Massage are inline with Myotherapy and include.
- Increased blood supply to muscle tissue
- Decrease tightness and pain
- Increased range of movement and flexibility
- Assists in the removal of waste from muscles
- Decrease stress
- Reduce scar tissue formation